Whew, what a Summer. It went by so fast, we didn't even get our quilt challenge off the ground. And, can you believe the CVS in our front parking lot is not even open yet! Most of the dust and debris is cleaned up and the trees and shrubs around the parking lot look great. Work on the facade of our building is due to start 'soon'.
Once again, we find ourselves in need of a few good people! I think this is the new norm. We welcomed new staff member Angie Miller to the BERNINA department on Friday, but also received a resignation from the quilt department. So if you or someone you know is looking for a position in a retail environment, give me a shout.
We have several events quickly approaching:
- National Sew a Jelly Roll Day, Saturday, September 21 - Specials on Jelly Rolls, Jelly Roll books and patterns. Join us for a Jelly Roll Sew-in - bring your project or start a new one! Machines available.
- The Original Sewing & Quilt Expo, October 3, 4 & 5 in Fredericksburg - hope to see you there.
- Overlocker Lab, Wednesday, October 23, 2 Sessions - 9:00am or 2:00pm, learn how an overlocker will fit into your sewing habits.
- BERNINA Academy, Find your Sewing Identity, Friday & Saturday, October 25 & 26 - 2 full days of sewing techniques, the latest tips and tricks. Lots of inspiration in time for holiday gift making.
- Hatched in Africa Trunk Show, Friday, November 8. Meet Santi Brouwer, owner and designer. Santi has come from South Africa with all her quilt samples, designs and inspiration. This is your opportunity to meet her in person and hear about her design process.
In addition, we will hopefully have our fall calendar out later this week.
Monday, September 16